The Olive Branch Christian Fellowship
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God, eternal, infinite, perfect, the creator of all things, and
manifested in three persons as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (John 1:1-3;
Isaiah 44:6-8; Matt. 28:19; Mark 12:29; Duet. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10).
- We believe the Holy Bible, is the inspired Word of God, both the Old and New
Testaments, are the inerrant and entire revelation of God's will for salvation,
and the Divine and final authority for the Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:15-
- We believe Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh, true God and true
man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the Virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Matt.
1:23; Isaiah 9:6).
- We believe in His sinless life, His miraculous ministry, His substitutionary death
on the cross as atonement for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead,
and his ascension into heaven to serve as our intercessor before the Father
(John 1:14; Hebrews 7:25,26).
- We believe in salvation only through the shed blood of Jesus. Man was
created good but by voluntary transgression fell, and his ONLY hope of
redemption is in Jesus Christ and his work on the cross (Rom. 3:23; Rom. 10:13-
15; Eph. 2:8; John 3:3-8; 1 John 1:7-9). This allows us to enter the family of God
by an experience called the "New Birth" or being “Born Again” as Jesus taught
Nicodemus in John chapter 3.
- We believe water baptism is by immersion, and should be observed by all who
truly repent & believe on Christ as he commanded. We do not believe that
water baptism is necessary for salvation. We do not believe in infant Baptism.
(Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 2:38; 1 Pet. 3:21 Rom. 6:4,5) The following
recommendation regarding the water baptismal formula is adopted; to wit: "On
the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by His
authority, I baptize you in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy
Ghost. In Jesus Name. Amen."
- We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolic use of
the bread and the juice of the vine (1 Cor. 11; 24, 25).
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Ghost. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is a
gift from God, promised by Christ to all believers, distinct from and subsequent
to the New Birth, (Acts 2:38,39; Acts 1:4-8; Acts 15:8,9) and that speaking with
tongues is the initial physical evidence (Acts 2:4; Acts10:44-46; Acts 19:6).
- SANCTIFICATION - The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the
Lord. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive
work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the
consummation of salvation at Christ's return (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter
3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 3:12-14; 1 Cor. 1:30).
- We believe in divine healing and prayer for the sick. Deliverance from sickness
was provided in the atonement. Healing is for the physical ills of the human
body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the
laying on of hands. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matt. 8:16,17; Mark 16:18; John 5:14; James 5:
- We believe in THE RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE RETURN OF OUR
LORD - The angels said to Jesus' disciples, "...This same Jesus, which is taken
up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go
into heaven." When He comes, "...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we
which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air..." (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).
- Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of
lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall
reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10; 20:6).
- We believe in a literal hell and eternal retribution - The one who physically dies
in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake
of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or
repenting. The lake of fire is literal. The terms "eternal" and "everlasting,"
used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of
fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in
denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of saints in the Presence of God (Heb.
9:27; Rev. 19:20).
- We believe that term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage
sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive
union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy
to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We
believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in
outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication,
homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt
to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and
offensive to God.
|The Olive Branch Christian Fellowship
The Olive Branch Christian Fellowship